Germany is investing in rail as part of its response to climate change and the Coronavirus pandemic. The country has some of the most advanced and renowned companies in the rail supply industry, which has led to constant demand for skilled workers with STEM expertise.
The battle to secure talent in Germany is getting tougher as employer demands and expectations become more ambitious. The survey shows that Gen Z is not only looking for well-paid, secure jobs with a good working environment but also jobs with sustainable purpose.
What does Gen Z in Germany think?
- 27.9% would dedicate their career to social causes such as the protection of the environment
- 43.2% are interested in working or studying in a field related to sustainability and the environment
- 50.2% believe it is important to work for an employer with a positive sustainability and environmental impact
- 47.2% already consider the rail supply industry as environmentally friendly
- 65.5% believe the rail supply industry offers a good salary and 59% believe it offers good colleagues and overall work environment